Man Separated from God
- What is the source of all of our problems in the world. Why is there some much conflict, injustice, poverty, corruption, broken families and marriages? It is because mankind has become separated from God.
- God is represented here as light. The Bible says that God is light and in him is no darkness at all.
- It was God’s purpose when he created mankind to share his life with them, his eternal life, which is not just a long life, but a quality of life; a good and satisfying life.
- However man chose to disobey God and sin came in and took dominion over mankind.
- Sin is violating God’s law.
- This figure represents every person, you and me, and how we are surrounded by the darkness of sin.
- The Bible says, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God,” Romans 3:23.
- Our sin keeps us separate from God and from all the good things he has for us.
- God is holy and he must punish sin.
- The punishment for sin is death and eternal separation from God. “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life…” Romans 6:23.
- But God loves us and recognizes that we could not overcome our problem with sin on our own. So what did God do?
Christ on the Cross
- He sent his only Son, Jesus in the form of a man.
- And on the cross Jesus bore in his body the penalty for our sin and to make it possible for us to be forgiven of our sin and receive God’s gift of eternal life.
- The Bible tells us that “God demonstrated his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us,” (Romans 5:8.).
- Afterwards Jesus’ body was placed in a tomb.
- A large stone was place over the tomb and soldiers guarded it.
- But that is not the end of the story.
Christ is Risen
- On the third day after Jesus had been place in the tomb God sent an angel to roll the stone away.
- Then he raised Jesus from the dead.
- Jesus had paid the penalty for our sin in full and had become victorious over death and the grave.
From Darkness to Light
- Jesus opened up the way for us to restore our relationship to God through the bridge of the cross.
- Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. ” John 14:6
- Thus, God has provided through Jesus the opportunity to receive forgiveness for our sin and the gift of eternal life.
- Yet, it is not enough to just know these truths; we have to individually receive what Jesus has done by placing our trust in him: our trust that his death alone is all that we need to receive forgiveness and eternal life. Otherwise, we will remain in our sin.
Heaven or Eternal Fire
- Whoever puts their faith in Jesus, the Bible says, has eternal life, but whoever does not believe has already been judged and God’s wrath remains on him.
- What will be your decision? To receive forgiveness for your sin and God’s gift of eternal life through Jesus’ death on the cross or to reject him and suffer the penalty for your sin which is punishment in fire for eternity?
- Would you like to place your trust in Jesus right now to receive God’s forgiveness and eternal life?
Preparation for Prayer
If you are ready to place your trust in Jesus then all you have to do
1. Repent, that is change your direction from seeking sin to following God
2. Believe in your heart that Jesus is God’s son; who died for your sin; and who rose from the dead
3. And confess that belief with your mouth
The Bible explains, “That if you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart man believes and is made righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made resulting salvation,” Romans 10:9, 10.
I will lead us in prayer. You pray along with me and sincerely mean these words in your heart:
Prayer for Salvation
Father God, thank you for loving me
and sending your son to die for me
I acknowledge that I have violated your law
and sinned against you.
But now I place my trust in your son Jesus
who died on the cross to pay the penalty for my sins
and that you raised him from the dead.
I receive the forgiveness made available through Jesus
and your gift of eternal life
And I receive Jesus as the Savior and the Lord of my life.
For all this I thank you. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
Assurance of Salvation
We never have to doubt that God has forgiven us and given us eternal life. The Bible tells us in 1 John 5:13: “These things have I written to you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that you may know that you have eternal life…” And we read in John 1:12: “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.”
Now that you have received Eternal Life
What is next now the you have been forgiven and have received eternal life. Jesus told us that he came to bring us an abundant and satisfying life and there are five ways we can go about pursing and living that abundant life:
1. Practice showing God’s love to others. Loving God and others is his number one command to us. God is love and when we love others we are demonstrating that we are his children.
2. Prayer is our direct line of communication to God where we bring our questions and request to him and we receive answers and directions for our lives.
3. Read, study and mediate in God’s word, the Bible, each day. It is the owner’s manual for our lives. It contains all we need to understand how live and overcome the difficulties of life. A good place to begin is in the Gospel of John in the New Testament.
4. Meeting and participate with other believers as the gather for worship and fellowship. We are members of Christ body; a body of believers and in that body we are not alone in the challenges we face. We have a community of fellow believers who can teach and assist us in our walk with the Lord Jesus.
5. And we are to tell others about the message of God’s love, forgiveness and eternal life through Jesus Christ so they can receive these same benefits that we enjoy.